- Case Study (45 minutes).
- Scaling Agile.
- Conscious (Ha) Practitioners.
What if descaling is the best way to scale agile?
Find out how HSBC used Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) to scale software development into India.
HSBC is a truly global bank, with employees across the world.
This session is a case study of how a UK team used Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) to onboard additional development capacity in India.
It will cover the project context, a brief introduction to LeSS and why it was chosen over other scaling frameworks, before looking at some of the challenges and successes, along with important lessons learned.
Like Scrum, LeSS is only a framework, one that contains gaps for you to fill in yourself. Perhaps it’s all about knowing which gaps to fill and which to leave empty?
- For those not already aware of it, a brief introduction to the LeSS Framework, and where to find more information on it.
- How LeSS can be an excellent tool for upskilling teams in Scrum itself, through looking at Scrum from a different perspective.
- How to balance a need for control and co-ordination across two time zones and continents with the need for team and personal autonomy.
- The cultural dimensions of scaling, and how LeSS contains solutions to the challenges they present
- The tension between LeSS’s whole product focus and the existing structures of a large enterprise.