- Talk (45 minutes).
- Engineering Practices.
- Experienced (Ri) Practitioners.
In this talk, we’ll think about containers in a different way, containerizing not only applications, but also automated tests.
Inspired by insights from Laura Frank’s talk at DockerCon EU 2015, we’ll see how to use Docker and Docker Compose to run containerized applications AND automated tests with only a single command.
This allows us to have self-contained test environments, which are easy to configure in a CI server and also makes very easy for developers to run everything locally.
- Learn to use containers not only for applications, but also for testing,
- Simplify the CI configuration.
- Simplify the Testing environment management.
- Make it easier for any team member to run all types of existing automated tests locally.