- Talk (45 minutes).
- Product Development.
- Experienced (Ri) Practitioners.
How to deal with limited resources and multiple demands in a product company in order to satisfy customers, keep technical debt low and scale properly.
We are going to talk about the challenges in prioritizing a roadmap in a product development company. Demands come from the market, main customers, bugs, technical debts, innovation, internal operations, and so on.
Consider an environment of very limited resources. In such a situation, we need to find ways of prioritizing in order to make the most value. In the last years, we developed and tested some ways of doing so. It’s also important to involve the right people so that they are committed. Another important aspect is to balance short and long time planning.
- How to make a long-time (a year) planning.
- How to deal with different types of demands (new product, correct bugs, improve existing products, improve internal operation, keep technical debt low, keep availability and performance, and so on) all at the same time.
- How to balance short and long time planning.
- Who involve during planning, and how.