- Talk (45 minutes).
- Coaching & Facilitation.
- Beginner (Shu) Practitioners.
During this session, I will identify and describe some of the most important conceptual mistakes I made when applying Agile principles in a project.
It’s very common to hear the word Agile mentioned by several people when referring to software development projects.
But the fact is that in a lot of situations, the Agile principles are completely twisted and the final result is a partial or complete failure, having Agile blamed for it.
Because of this, it’s very important to ensure that the Agile principles and values are properly communicated and understood by all the project participants.
In this session I will describe the biggest mistakes I made when applying agile principles in a project.
- Understand why it’s not 100% true that ALL Iterations must be short.
- Even with Agile, Planning is a crucial activity and must be done in the right way at the right level of detail.
- There’s still room for distributed teams in Agile.
- Learn the critical factors in project success and how management tasks are still critical.
- Learn how disciplined agile is, even if it may look exactly the opposite.